This reference library update comes from the August 24, 1940 issue of The Motion Picture Herald. It features the brand new Sunset Theatre in Cincinnati, Ohio. Built in a working class neighborhood theatre, the 825 seat theatre opened on June 14, 1940. When it closed as a movie house, it became a Knights of Columbus Hall. Later converted into a bingo hall ending its days as a Chevrolet dealership. Demolished around 2005, today part of the site is occupied by the Carson School.
Click on the cover of The Motion Picture Herald below to read the article.
Anthony & Chris (The Freakin’, Tiquen’ Guys)
Please follow and like us: